SleepSupport - All-Natural Sleep Aid Supplement
SleepSupport is an all-natural and organic sleep aid designed to help target stress and promote relaxation.* (Scroll down to read more)
Order in Bulk and Save
- Order 2 bottles Save 20% $46.00
- Order 3 bottles Save 25% $65.00
- Order 4 bottles Save 30% $80.00
SleepSupport is an all-natural and organic sleep aid designed to help target stress and promote relaxation.*
(Each bottle contains 60 capsules)
• Fully Organic Herbal Powder (Not Extracts)
• We Only Use Active Vitamins In Our Products
• All Natural - No Dyes, No Artificial Coloring, and No Magnesium Stearate
• Vegetarian Formula
Recommended Serving: Take 1 to 2 capsules 30 minutes before bed.
Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder (Withania somnifera) – Also known as ‘Indian Ginseng,’ Ashwagandha has been used in India for centuries to help boost energy levels and provide stress support [1, 2]. Ashwagandha also heightens cognitive functions, such as thought processing and memory function . Enhancing these processes can help minimize nervous tension and racing thoughts that can disrupt sleep. This potent herb also reinforces immune system health .
Organic Hops (Humulus lupulus) – Hops may help minimize stress and occasional anxiousness that is associated with sleeplessness . This beneficial botanical promotes relaxation by targeting restlessness, mental tension, and nervousness that is linked to sleep disturbances [5, 6].
Organic Wild Lettuce (leaf) (Lactuca virosa) – Wild lettuce has been used historically to minimize sleeplessness, target occasional anxiousness, and help fight other common health problems, such as physical discomfort that disrupts sleep [7, 8].
Organic Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) – Valerian has been used for thousands of years around the world to combat numerous issues including restlessness, anxiousness, nervousness, and sleeplessness . Valerian root heightens sleep quality by lengthening average sleep time, minimizing the number of night time awakenings, and accelerating sleep latency, the time it takes to fall asleep [9-11]. This potent herb also helps minimize daytime sleepiness .
Organic Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata) – Passionflower is used to help minimize sleeplessness by providing relaxation support . This beneficial herb targets restlessness, fidgeting, racing thoughts, and nerve-related discomfort that can disrupt sleep . Passion flower influences chemicals in the brain such as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which support coping mechanisms for irritability, stress, and muscle tension .
L-Theanine – L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea that has been shown to have a direct influence on brain activity by promoting relaxation and focus . Taking L-Theanine also reinforces healthy stress responses by balancing cortisol levels, the stress hormone that is released during difficult situations . In addition, L-Theanine works with GABA to help lengthen sleep time and accelerate sleep onset .
Glycine – Glycine is a sweet-tasting, non-essential amino acid that has a multitude of benefits in the body, including enhanced sleep quality and minimized daytime sleepiness . Furthermore, Glycine helps trigger a drop in body temperature in preparation for sleep, and it also promotes quicker sleep onset as well as more time spent in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep [16, 17]. In addition, Glycine supplementation bolsters serotonin levels, which can reinforce healthy sleep patterns, while encouraging deeper, more restful, and refreshing sleep . Taking Glycine regularly also supports healthy inflammatory responses [16, 17].
L-Tryptophan – Tryptophan is an important amino acid that the body converts to 5-hyrdoxytryptophan (5-HTP) and then to serotonin . Serotonin is a chemical messenger in the brain that transmits signals between nerve cells and supports a healthy mood [18, 19]. Taking Tryptophan helps target fatigue, hormonal imbalances, weakness, and headaches, all of which influence responses to stress, mood control, and sleep patterns .
Magnesium Citrate – An essential mineral that supports brain health, bolsters energy, helps ease stress, and relaxes tight muscles . Magnesium regulates chemical messengers in the brain called neurotransmitters that send signals throughout the nervous system . This process helps target anxiousness, nervousness, and restlessness that can contribute to sleep disturbances [21, 22]. This powerful mineral also influences melatonin production, which supports a healthy sleep/wake cycle . Magnesium in the form of Magnesium Citrate is more absorbable than other commonly available forms.
Melatonin – A hormone produced in the small pineal gland of the brain that signals the body when it’s time to go to sleep . Melatonin supplementation can be used safely to help with restlessness and sleeplessness [24, 25]. Taking Melatonin for occasional sleep problems help enhance sleep quality by minimizing the amount of time it takes to fall asleep [23-25].
1. Bhattacharya SK, Bhattacharya A, Sairam K, et al. Anxiolytic-antidepressant activity of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides: An experimental study. Phytomedicine. 2000;7(6):463-469.
2. Archana R, Namasivayam A. Antistressor effect of Withania somnifera. J Ethnopharmacol. 1999;64:91-93.
3. Chengappa KN, Bowie CR, Schlicht PJ, Fleet D, Brar JS, Jindal R. Randomized placebo-controlled adjunctive study of an extract of Withania somnifera for cognitive dysfunction in bipolar disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74(11):1076-1083.
4. Ghosal S, Lal J, Srivastava R, and et al. Immunomodulatory and CNS effects of sitoindosides 9 and 10, two new glycowithanolides from Withania somnifera. Phytotherapy Research. 1989;3(5):201-206.
5. Behr J, Vogel RF. Mechanisms of hop inhibition include the transmembrane redox reaction. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76(1):142-149.
6. Cornu C, Remontet L, Noel-Baron F, et al. A dietary supplement to improve the quality of sleep: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2010;10:29.
7. Gumprecht T. On the use of Lactuca Virosa, in whooping-cough. Med Chir Trans. 1815; 6: 608–617.
8. Shi M, Gu J, Wu H, et al. Phytochemicals, nutrition, metabolism, bioavailability, and health benefits in lettuce: A comprehensive review. Antioxidants (Basel). 2022;11(6):1158.
9. Kennedy DO, Little W, Haskell CF, et al. Anxiolytic effects of a combination of Melissa officinalis and Valeriana officinalis during laboratory induced stress. Phytother Res. 2006;20:96-102.
10. Plushner SL. Valerian: Valerian officinalis. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2000;57:328,333,335.
11. Wheatley D. Stress-induced insomnia treated with kava and valerian: Singly and in combination. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2001;16:353-6.
12. Akhondzadeh S, Naghavi HR, Vazirian M, et al. Passionflower in the treatment of generalized anxiety: A pilot double-blind randomized controlled trial with oxazepam. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2001;26(5):363-367.
13. Elsas SM, Rossi DJ, Raber J, et al. Passiflora incarnata L. (Passionflower) extracts elicit GABA currents in hippocampal neurons in vitro, and show anxiogenic and anticonvulsant effects in vivo, varying with extraction method. Phytomedicine. 2010;17(12):940-949.
14. Einöther SJ, Martens VE. Acute effects of tea consumption on attention and mood. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013;98(6 Suppl):1700S-1708S.
15. Kim S, Jo K, Hong K-B, Han SH, Suh HJ. GABA and l-theanine mixture decreases sleep latency and improves NREM sleep. Pharmaceutical biology. 2019;57(1):65-73.
16. Kawai N, Sakai, Okuro M, et al. The sleep-promoting and hypothermic effects of glycine are mediated by NMDA receptors in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015;40(6):1405-1416.
17. Yamadera W, Inagawa K, Chiba S, et al. Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes. Sleep and Biol Rhythms. 2007;5(2):126-131.
18. Jenkins TA, Nguyen JC, et al. Influence of tryptophan and serotonin on mood and cognition with a possible role of the gut-brain axis. Nutrients. 2016;8(1):E56.
19. Hou Y, Wu G. Nutritionally essential amino acids. Adv Nutr. 2018;9(6):849-851.
20. Boyle NB, Lawton C, Dye L. The effects of magnesium supplementation on subjective anxiety and stress-A systematic rNutrients. 2017;9(5):E429. doi: 10.3390/nu9050429.
21. Hanus M, Lafon J, Mathieu M. Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a fixed combination containing two plant extracts (Crataegus oxyacantha and Eschscholtzia californica) and magnesium in mild-to-moderate anxiety disorders. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004;20:63-71.
22. Kirkland AE, Sarlo GL, Holton K. The role of magnesium in neurological dNutrients. 2018;10(6):E730.
23. Damiani JM, Sweet BV, Sohoni P. Melatonin: An option for managing sleep disorders in children with autism spectrum disorder. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2014;71(2):95-101.
24. Sletten TL, Magee M, et al. Efficacy of melatonin with behavioural sleep-wake scheduling for delayed sleep-wake phase disorder: A double-blind, randomized clinical t PLoS Med. 2018;15(6):e1002587.
25. Xie Z, Chen F, William AL, et al. A review of sleep disorders and melatonin. Neurol Res. 2017;39(6):559-565.
Fillers: We do NOT use Magnesium Stearate.
VitaminSupport does NOT use any artificial fillers in our product. One popular filler, also known as a "flow agent", that is commonly used in supplements is magnesium stearate. This filler is used to easily fill the capsules during production. Some studies have shown that fillers such as magnesium stearate may reduce the absorption of the vitamins and nutrients in the body. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3735097) At VitaminSupport, we refuse to cut corners and compromise our products.
Warnings: As with any supplement, if you are taking medication or have a medical condition, consult your doctor before use. This supplement is NOT formulated for use by children or those pregnant or lactating. Do not exceed the recommended use. May cause drowsiness, do not operate machinery.